Tuesday 7 April 2015

Water Shortage by Jerry Wu

By Unknown  |  22:41 No comments

Hello, this is Jerry Wu, from grade 11. I’m about to share with you my thoughts about water shortages. I’ve learned a few by tweeting the issues on twitter. I believe it’s one of the most effective ways to spread the message. I’ve provided a few links that identify the consequences we are currently facing from water shortages. Although we probably have access to water as easy as opening a tap, but did you know that 1 out of 7 people die trying to get access to clean water? Eventually, the water they sought for is unclean, which can cause water borne illnesses. Basically, it means that more than twice the population of US have no access to clean water.

When I was young, I use to think that chill out, the ocean is so big, we can get water from the ocean. But then I realised not all the water on our planet is usable. Did you know that only .007% of the water on our planet is usable? Each day, 1,000 children that are younger than 5 dies from diseases caused by water. It’s like saying that every 21 seconds, a child dies from diseases caused by unclean water. But here are a few solutions my friends and I came up with. We would help donate to organizations that help people that needs water get water. Second, we would keep spreading the awareness of water shortages around the world, by tweeting it. Third, my friends and I decided to buy products from companies that contribute to water shortages. A small action from you make means a whole lot of difference for others.

Author: Unknown

0 comments:

Powered by Blogger.
© 2014 Global Issues | Distributed By My Blogger Themes | Created By BloggerTheme9
TOP